Airborne Patrol Favorite Disk – Troop 575 Winfield, IL.
This is a unique way to make pizza pockets while on a camp out.
- 2 Cans of instant biscuits from the cooler section of the grocery store
- 20 Slices of peperoni
- 1 8oz Block of Colby Jack cheese
- Parmesan Cheese (4 table spoons)
- Garlic Powder
- Italian Seasoning
- 1 Jar Marinara Sauce
- Vegetable Oil
- Optional – Black Olives (small can, sliced)
- Optional – Green Pepper
- Optional – Onion
- Flatten each biscuit out
- Place 1 peperoni in center of each flatten out biscuit.
- Place 1 small chunk of cheese on top of peperoni
- Place optional onion, green pepper, and olives
- Lightly dust garlic powder on cheese
- Lightly dust Italian seasoning on top
- Close up biscuit making sure all ingredients are fully enclosed & pinch shut.
- In Dutch oven heat up oil to hot temp.
- You can do this on a stove.
- You do not need the lid.
- Heat the marinara sauce in another pot.
- Fry each biscuit ball.
- Make sure you flip them over
- Cook until golden brown.
- Once fully cooked, take biscuit out of oil and place on a paper towel covered plate.
- The paper towel will absorb excess oil
- Once all biscuits are cooked, serve with heated marinara sauce.
- No double dipping in the marinara sauce!
#adventure #Cooking #dutchoven