This is a nice, “picky eater” friendly meal that is easy to make in a Dutch Oven. It also works well in a crock pot.
- 2 Cloves of Garlic or equivalent in garlic powder
- 2 three inch sprigs of Rosemary or 1 Tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 Quarter of Chicken per person
- You can also use chicken breast, other parts of chicken.
- 1-2 potatoes per person
- 1 large carrot per person
- 1 cup of water
- Salt & Pepper
- Clean and cut potatoes in half
- Clean and cut carrots into 1 inch sections
- Place potatoes on bottom of dutch oven with cut face down
- Place carrots in the gaps between the potatoes
- pour water into bottom of dutch oven
- Place chicken on top of carrots and potatoes
- sprinkle salt, pepper, garlic on top of chicken
- Place rosemary on top of chicken
- Cook for 30+ minutes in the dutch oven with 10 coals underneath and 8 coals on top.
- dinner is ready when the chicken is 165 degrees (F) and the potatoes are fork tender.
#adventure #Cooking #dutchoven