Thank you Raptor Patrol for joining me on a wonderful backpacking trip to the Ice Age Trail in Kettle Moraine North state forest Wisconsin. Some of the highlights of the trip included:
- Backpacking in the rain the first night to get to the shelter.
- Having a dry shelter the first night!
- Close introduction to a bat in the shelter.
- Best trail meal — Hot fresh Biscuits and honey with bananas for breakfast
- Climbing a fire tower at dusk to see a wonderful sunset
- Night hike back to camp after the sunset.
The first day backpacking followed this trail map: Ice Age Trail Day 1 – Raptor Patrol 2016
Planning documents we used:
Backpacking Merit Badge I dare you to attempt this merit badge! Not many in the history of T575 have this one.
Backpacker Magazine Check out the gear guides and reviews!
#adventure #scouting #backpacking